Page 37 of 42 FirstFirst ... 27323334353637 3839404142 LastLast

Thread: Wyldeone1978's Work Thread

Hi wyldeone,

Thanks for the update, was wondering how your were getting on.

Do you think we can see what you've been working on once its all marked and finished?

Best of luck.
    Your future is defined by what you do today not tomorrow.

Check out more of my work here - http://www.greenanimation.uk/

Yea thanks for the update! Cant believe you failed, this doesn't bode well for me as your work looks so clean to me??? I can see me being in the same boat at the end.
    Which characters or character was the mistakes on if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks.

Oh crumbs if you failed, I agree with Harrison, not looking good for me either. You'll pass next time I'm sure. Would love the see it all when you've finished it. Good Luck with the adjustments you need to make.

Slinks

Slinkydink

How to get to Teamspeak

https://youtu.be/yCDjk3obvKk?list=PL...zj1i8J18L04IyW

Please contact me at slinky.dink68@outlook.com for the Ip address and password.

http://tealabells.deviantart.com/

I Also agree with the others. Gulp. I've got no chance ha. Your work was amazing. Good luck with redoing it buddy

Guys, DONT PANIC!

As i said, i made some silly, basic mistakes.
    Firstly i didnt put enough thought/effort into my mood/reference boards. I also used a lot of similar images which didnt show much variation in the concept. Also i didnt go into any detail on the details of the character, like the backpack or utility belt, so ive done some close ups of these with annotations pointing out whats what. Ive also now included a short 1 paragraph back story for each character/item on the moods board(s).

Both my character models had a few ngons (5 sided polys) that i stupidly missed, including a few from where i used the cut tool and didnt realise id created an extra vertex.

Also both characters were not skinned that well around the pelvis/legs, as i was trying to get most the movement in the rubber gasket/joint areas, but this started to look very unnatural and would distort quite bad in certain poses. There also some 'clipping' issues arising from some of his accessories, like the belt pouches, ropes and backpack antenna. I can fix the antenna issue, just have to be more careful where i put his head and the pouches/rope are all going to get there own bone systems! Woohoo! (please note sarcasm)

Finally my animation has some basic errors and unnatural movements/poses that i need to fix. Sadly, due to the need to add new bones and fix the skinning, this may need to be redone fullstop, though i do have a plan to make it a little easier (import/merge newly skinned model into old/current animation, position/rotation constrain all matching controls, then set keys at specific intervals for newly imported controls. then tweak from there. I hope)

Like i said, Dont panic!

Blimey dan. Sounds complicated Ha. Hope it's more clear when I get to that stage.
    I thought you'd breeze it. Your works fantastic. Which character is it your on about?
    Without sounding to dim, what's involved in a mood board?
    Also, still can't find you on Facebook buddy. Be good to have you as an ally of hen needed for help ha
    Look me up bud (if you want lol)
    Jaymongo Bradshaw

Good luck buddy

Quote Originally Posted by jaymongo View Post
    Blimey dan. Sounds complicated Ha. Hope it's more clear when I get to that stage.
    I thought you'd breeze it. Your works fantastic. Which character is it your on about?
    Without sounding to dim, what's involved in a mood board?
    Also, still can't find you on Facebook buddy. Be good to have you as an ally of hen needed for help ha
    Look me up bud (if you want lol)
    Jaymongo Bradshaw

Good luck buddy
    Its both my hero (girl) and villain (Guy) characters that need work, buts it mainly the Villain, as he is the Portfolio piece.
    I have actually retopologized his entire mid-section and cleaned up/improved alot of other areas on the mesh.

One thing ive found frustrating is that we never get/got any poly targets. My reworked model is under 15000, which i think, from research, is quite good, and i could of gone into higher detail if i knew exactly what my target was. Inversely, id of gone lower if i had a target that was lower!

Im actually now re-rigging him as well, with a brand new rig, after doing a load of anatomy study (HIGHLY RECOMENDED!) as i was unhappy with some of my joint positions and how he moved.

A moodboard is like a gathering of references and ideas to set up your concept from. For instance, my hero character, the girl, i had some pictures on my mood board of Lara croft, a retro sci-fi girl, a back pack, knee high boots etc etc, to set the mood of the concept.

As far as finding me on Facebook, ive decided im gonna just keep my family n friends on it, as i have in the past had far to many people on it, who most the time i forget who they are and end up deleting them!
    All are welcome to PM me on here or email me and ill help out any time i can!

Cool bud. Sounds like a lot of work. I'll have to remember that for the future ha. You'll have to put them back on when done mate. I was looking forward to the hero villain project, but I don't think that's on the new version now.
    Thanks for the mood board update.
    No worries about Facebook bud. I'll find you on here if needed ha
    Good luck dan

Quote Originally Posted by jaymongo View Post
    I was looking forward to the hero villain project, but I don't think that's on the new version now.
    Don't worry Jay, there is a really cool project to do later in V3 that I think you will really enjoy
    Your future is defined by what you do today not tomorrow.

Check out more of my work here - http://www.greenanimation.uk/

Ooooo tell tell lol I'm only on the head modelling