Thread: Help with Eclipse - Assignment 06

Default Help with Eclipse - Assignment 06

Alright guys.

Anyone know how to use Eclipse or could help give me a tutorial that I can follow. I haven't got a clue how to use an engine like this and the tutorials that I find are not helping me much. I mainly need to know how to get started in it and how to start to make a world.

It has become such a problem for me that I have asked to use a different engine to create the world.

Once I understand how to get started I should be ok to work it out I have used game maker and RPG maker in the past.

Any help will be appreciated
    DESIGN SECTION STUDENT MODERATOR
    IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE WITH A POST OR A POSTER THEN HIT THE REPORT BUTTON ()
    Studying Game Design - Section 3 Part C ... final stretch.
    Ongoing Project - Bloodlines : The birth of Renatus with Endofline Studios
    THE LIFE OF A GAMES DESIGN STUDENT
    Here is a student map, why not add yourself!
    Here is a Train2Game student chat room, why not pop in and say hello!

2. Default

Hey man actually I can't get client working on my laptop. Server app is running but when I run client app and I choose first server then suddenly Eclipse screen goes white and debugging errors start count in left corner and I can't do anything about it. Any advise what to do? From where did you get yours Eclipse Origins??

Quote Originally Posted by naughtybear View Post
    Hey man actually I can't get client working on my laptop. Server app is running but when I run client app and I choose first server then suddenly Eclipse screen goes white and debugging errors start count in left corner and I can't do anything about it. Any advise what to do? From where did you get yours Eclipse Origins??
    Did you install the runtime files?

4. Default

yeah I did install and after installing is telling me that all files was install, I did even restart my laptop but still is acting weird

Quote Originally Posted by naughtybear View Post
    yeah I did install and after installing is telling me that all files was install, I did even restart my laptop but still is acting weird
    What's your systems specs and did you download it from the website or is it on the disk? (Im not at this point in the course yet so i don't know, but i did work with playerwolds/mirage years which Eclipse is based off)

hey guys i too have recently had problems with using eclipse, but if you go onto the eclipse origins forums theres loads of helpful info on there.
    i used this link to get it to work on the laptop http://www.eclipseor...29-activex-etc/
    Amat Victoria Curum

Hi, just started to work with eclipse. Found some tutorials, take a look if interested

Eclipse Tutorial

Cheers Arch. I followed the tutorial guide on the website which was helpful enough.

However I am having technical difficulties with the placement of NPCs, use of shops and events are just not working the way they should. It got to the point where T2G told me to not bother with NPCs and stuff just because of all the issues I was getting. However I found a work around now to place NPCs, so it makes the level look a little better. I got the hang of it now though and I am trying to get through it as quickly as I can, not having the most fun with this engine haha.
    DESIGN SECTION STUDENT MODERATOR
    IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE WITH A POST OR A POSTER THEN HIT THE REPORT BUTTON ()
    Studying Game Design - Section 3 Part C ... final stretch.
    Ongoing Project - Bloodlines : The birth of Renatus with Endofline Studios
    THE LIFE OF A GAMES DESIGN STUDENT
    Here is a student map, why not add yourself!
    Here is a Train2Game student chat room, why not pop in and say hello!