Thread: Typo's in the introduction booklet

Default Typo's in the introduction booklet

There is a few I've come across but the one I'm addressing now is when it references using the "yspeed" in bold during the creation of the maze game on page 87, yspeed does not work, however vspeed does. If anyone else wants to post typos in the various booklets up here I'm sure the book creators can then fix the problems.

2. Default

There is a section in StudentWorld which lists all the known issues and fixes for them. Its under Classroom>Course Updates. The typo you addressed is listed in there as are a few others in the intro book, I'm not sure if the changes have been made for Version 2 of the course books as I haven't seen them but I'd wager they have. It's always a good idea to have a thread to let the course writers know about any issues though, great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by The Simple Fox View Post
    There is a section in StudentWorld which lists all the known issues and fixes for them. Its under Classroom>Course Updates. The typo you addressed is listed in there as are a few others in the intro book, I'm not sure if the changes have been made for Version 2 of the course books as I haven't seen them but I'd wager they have. It's always a good idea to have a thread to let the course writers know about any issues though, great idea.
    What Chris said - there is an entire section dedicated to corrections - a lot of which are code vital like that one. I remember that one well though - as it took me a few mins to figure out why it didn't look right!

/MarkR

Enquiry line: 0845 272 8795 | Student Support line: 0845 272 8796

One I noticed was to do with the sound effects in the Clown game being named wrong, but I cant remember properly

If you remember maths from school you had an x and y axis, x being horizontal and y being vertical so for that I think there is no typo

What Tw1tch said, its just based on the X and Y axis, i had some trouble with one of the games when i started them and i got on to the tutors and they explained everything to me in detail and basicaly long story short its exactly what has been stated above me ^^