Thread: Designer Portfolio Project 2

Default Designer Portfolio Project 2

So, I have just finished the bug reports for the second designer portfolio project and I have to write why I chose the game I used for the project. I used an Alpha build of a city builder I found on Gamejolt called 'Skytown' and written a draft where I discuss that I am familiar with city builder games and therefore have an idea of what makes them fun to play and the type of bugs that can ruin a players experience, but beyond that I am a little bit stumped.

Should I mention that I went into this knowing there would be bugs? Is there anything else I could possibly say about why I chose it?

If anyone also knows a good place to host the videos I took for some of the bugs then that would also be helpful. Is YouTube alright? Ot should I try elsewhere?

When I did this PP (yeeeeaaaars ago) just a couple of lines of a summary of why you used that particular game was all that was needed. Some familiarity with the franchise/game series/genre etc etc is/are valid reasons, as is no knowledge of said factors (i.e. trying something new). I used extensive annotated screenshots for mine though (video hadn't been invented), so I'm not sure. I guess YouTube is as good as anywhere else.

Good work Raymondo. I'm bumping you back up to DS ... only this time make it stand for Detective Sergeant and not Dog Sh*t! - DCI Gene Hunt
    Me fail English? That's unpossible! - Ralph Wiggum
    Portfolio Site of Dooom

Would it be better to have the summary on a separate document or as part of one of the bug reports? YouTube also came to mind for the videos.