View Poll Results: Was this helpful?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I found it very Informative and it helped me!

12 100.00%
  • Not really what i was expecting...maybe a texture creation tutorial next time?

0 0%
  • It was okay but didn't fully understand it :S

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast

Thread: Low To High Modelling with Baking!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Ninjutsu View Post
    Did you leave it till it stopped moving? If so then just mash that same process of pressing the relax and waiting until it's completely flat. The problem may also occurfrom pressing Relax before pressing Start Pelt.
    I left it for ages and it just doesn't seem to completely sort itself out. I unchecked Normalize map in the Map parameters and that seemed to help a tiny bit, but not completely..

Quote Originally Posted by JamieRIOT View Post
    I left it for ages and it just doesn't seem to completely sort itself out. I unchecked Normalize map in the Map parameters and that seemed to help a tiny bit, but not completely..
    Okay erm, stop the relax and then press it again, it should start moving to sort it self out again, should do, if it does then repeat this process till it's done. I don't really ever need to uncheck Normalize Map, but if it helps then go for it!

Okay erm, stop the relax and then press it again, it should start moving to sort it self out again, should do, if it does then repeat this process till it's done. I don't really ever need to uncheck Normalize Map, but if it helps then go for it!
    I will try again. How long does it normally take for yours to unwrap properly? i left it for like 5 mins. Normally pelt takes like a few seconds, so something isn't right :\

Got it now, all sorted. When i created the seam and clicked on 'Exp. Face Sel To Seams', it seemed to select the top polygon for some reason. Was i supposed to seam around it?

Got it now, all sorted. When i created the seam and clicked on 'Exp. Face Sel To Seams', it seemed to select the top polygon for some reason. Was i supposed to seam around it?
    yeah lol sorry for late reply i went bed. Yeah sorry if i didnt make it clear enough in the tut.

Quote Originally Posted by MattB View Post
    Congrats Mr N. You just earned yourself a sticky.

Will get this added to the art FAQ page too if it is well received.
    Sweet! I'll do tuts that are better produced that are clearer and well, easier to follow. Promise but first i have finish my own uni work sigh or get to a point in which i feel i have some free time :P

When i render the map with the textures baked to it, how do i eliminate any little red bits?

When i render the map with the textures baked to it, how do i eliminate any little red bits?
    You can either photoshop them out or adjust the cage before the bake in that area. I usually just edit it in photoshop if it's not a major area of concern or even leave it if it's not going to be seen.

You can either photoshop them out or adjust the cage before the bake in that area. I usually just edit it in photoshop if it's not a major area of concern or even leave it if it's not going to be seen.
    Awesome. The cage value was just ever so slightly too small, but i cranked the value up a touch and that eliminated every red bit, thanks a lot
    This tutorial has helped me a lot to feel more comfortable with the UVW Unwrap in more organic models. Now to move onto Section 1 Part C tomorrow and build upon it!

Awesome. The cage value was just ever so slightly too small, but i cranked the value up a touch and that eliminated every red bit, thanks a lot
    This tutorial has helped me a lot to feel more comfortable with the UVW Unwrap in more organic models. Now to move onto Section 1 Part C tomorrow and build upon it!
    Awesome glad you found it helpful