View Poll Results: Was this helpful?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I found it very Informative and it helped me!

    12 100.00%
  • Not really what i was expecting...maybe a texture creation tutorial next time?

    0 0%
  • It was okay but didn't fully understand it :S

    0 0%
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: Low To High Modelling with Baking!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    951

    Lightbulb Low To High Modelling with Baking!

    Heys guys and gals, i threw together a short 7 page tutorial on low to high poly modelling which involves modelling the low and high poly and then baking the details from the high into the low poly. Also Unwrapping the model.

    The link is here as i don't know why my pdf wont upload as an attachment here. https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...thkey=CIfh07oM

    Hope this helps and if need be if people want i can do a short tutorial on texturing too but only further on in the week or so as i have lots of work to do :P Hope this helps!

    Edit, sorry for the image quality. Google did something weird with the image resolution for the images within the document. And remember this is the way i do it, it may not be the way for you as there are many many ways of going about doing something like this. It's all about experimentation!

    Edit 2: Just to note after reading through it i have spoted numerous spelling mistakes. I was kinda in a rush :P Promise next tut will make sense, spelling will be correct and look all nice and pretty :P
    Last edited by Mr_Ninjutsu; 04-30-2011 at 01:41 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Cambridgeshire
    Posts
    829

    Default

    It was a fantastic read Mr Ninjutsu, few spelling and punctuation errors which, to be honest, are no problem for me! Thanks alot for taking the time to put that together for everyone! =D I shall have a little play now, feel like Ive learnt something new about my little toy (3ds max) =D

    I can also see why I made no sense to you.. as the course goes about it a completely different way... I'l still have to learn to do both I guess.
    *Insert counterproductive signature here*

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    951

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesypuds View Post
    It was a fantastic read Mr Ninjutsu, few spelling and punctuation errors which, to be honest, are no problem for me! Thanks alot for taking the time to put that together for everyone! =D I shall have a little play now, feel like Ive learnt something new about my little toy (3ds max) =D

    I can also see why I made no sense to you.. as the course goes about it a completely different way... I'l still have to learn to do both I guess.
    Heh yeah i knew there would be! I did it in a bit of a rush because i have a week left before a deadline and i have lots of work to do! :P Glad you liked it.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Cambridgeshire
    Posts
    829

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Ninjutsu View Post
    Heh yeah i knew there would be! I did it in a bit of a rush because i have a week left before a deadline and i have lots of work to do! :P Glad you liked it.
    It was not a dig (I asure you) I was very impressed at the time you managed to create that! VERY! *feels lazy*
    *Insert counterproductive signature here*

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    951

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesypuds View Post
    It was not a dig (I asure you) I was very impressed at the time you managed to create that! VERY! *feels lazy*
    haha :P oh i didn't take it as a dig honestly, think i'll do more indepth tutorials in the near future! I kinda liked it to be honest.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Cambridgeshire
    Posts
    829

    Default

    Haha if you enjoyed it carry on, I shall give all your future tut's a read!
    Last edited by Jamesypuds; 08-04-2012 at 11:19 AM.
    *Insert counterproductive signature here*

  7. #7

    Default

    I shant vote because I think the reason it makes little sense to me is because I haven't covered a lot of that stuff in the course yet.

    I love the ideas, and I love the way you've layed it out. As you're reading it you can see a related photo right next to it. Rather than trying to piece photo with text hehe.

    What I would like to see is maybe a short video on how to navigate 3ds Max. And what you find helpful. I think this is my main downfall at the moment.

    I can use Photoshop no problem, can navigate fine, and always know what im doing. In 3ds max i look at it. blink. click. and then find out i've clicked in completely the wrong place and i have to load again. lol.

    Thumbs up for the tut though

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    951

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FantaBanta View Post
    I shant vote because I think the reason it makes little sense to me is because I haven't covered a lot of that stuff in the course yet.

    I love the ideas, and I love the way you've layed it out. As you're reading it you can see a related photo right next to it. Rather than trying to piece photo with text hehe.

    What I would like to see is maybe a short video on how to navigate 3ds Max. And what you find helpful. I think this is my main downfall at the moment.

    I can use Photoshop no problem, can navigate fine, and always know what im doing. In 3ds max i look at it. blink. click. and then find out i've clicked in completely the wrong place and i have to load again. lol.

    Thumbs up for the tut though
    That's completely understandable. Max pre-installed with beginner tutorials. If you go onto Help on the main toolbar at the very top you will see tutorials there.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Gloucestershire, UK
    Posts
    1,527

    Default

    Everything was going swimmingly until i got to the unwrap. When i use the pelt > relax, it's just mashing into the middle, rather than flattening out neatly :/ I have done everything properly and changed the drop down menu to 'relax by face angles', but to no avail.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    951

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JamieRIOT View Post
    Everything was going swimmingly until i got to the unwrap. When i use the pelt > relax, it's just mashing into the middle, rather than flattening out neatly :/ I have done everything properly and changed the drop down menu to 'relax by face angles', but to no avail.
    Did you leave it till it stopped moving? If so then just mash that same process of pressing the relax and waiting until it's completely flat. The problem may also occurfrom pressing Relax before pressing Start Pelt.

Similar Threads

  1. Problems with Car Modelling
    By jonny159 in forum T2G Artist and Animator, Technical Discussions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-03-2011, 05:30 PM
  2. 1st attempt at modelling a car
    By Excalibur in forum T2G Artist and Animator, General Discussions
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-03-2010, 12:00 PM
  3. Making a car - Box Modelling
    By Liz in forum T2G Artist and Animator, General Discussions
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-02-2010, 09:29 PM
  4. Car modelling,
    By Dangerous Dave in forum T2G Artist and Animator, General Discussions
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-17-2010, 04:29 PM
  5. High Concept SMA 2-2
    By J Reynolds in forum T2G Designer & Production, Technical Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-31-2010, 12:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •