Thread: Section 1 part C concept girl

Exclamation Section 1 part C concept girl

Help ! i got the eye, noise and lips done. But as soon as i try attaching them together it places the background material on to it.

That could just be the image plane poking through, just move it further back.

Hey Mattyb,

I had this trouble aswell, I'm not sure what causes it, I think it may be clicking on the image plane while your attaching your eye, nose and mouth, but I'm not 100% on that. I found that if you detatch the eye nose and mouth they should return to a normal colour, and then I attached them using the perspective viewport instead of the front or side view, this worked for me, so I hope it works for you.

Happened to me too. I attached it to the background by mistake so the face took on the material of the plane. I selected them both and froze the selection so I wouldn't keep doing it lol.

hey guy's n gals,
    i'm on the same section and i've got thus far.......
    concept girl 1.jpg
    the problem i'm having is the feet......
    concept girl feet.jpg
    have any of you got any idea's as to how i could match the poly's up so it doesn't become a mess of triangle's??..........
    ankle attachment girl.jpg
    thank's in advance peep's!
    mark.

Thats a pretty dense mesh you got there Monsoon1978 (born same year as me, i assume!).
    Have you applied a mesh smooth of some description?

Quote Originally Posted by wyldeone1978 View Post
    Thats a pretty dense mesh you got there Monsoon1978 (born same year as me, i assume!).
    Have you applied a mesh smooth of some description?
    Yes bud on all as i wanted a smooth finish but i'm kinda lost now can i lower the poly count without loosing any detail?
    and yes a fine year to be born lol!

You may have got ahead of yourself and caused yourself a major headache by applying the smoothing. Did the course work say to apply a mesh smooth modifier (or nurms) What smooth did you apply? Turbosmooth?
    More importantly, did you collapse the stack? If not, good, delete the smoothing modifier and continue on the low res mesh.
    If you have, then im sorry to say you are in trouble. You have two choices. Search the web for 'turbosmooth reverse' which is a script from a few years ago that could do a subdivision reverse but was a little hit and miss.
    The other option..... Start again.
    For future reference, if you want a smooth finish on a low res model, you need to look into smoothing groups

Awesome thank you will deffo have to start again ney mind more practice lol!
    as per your Q yes i used several types of smooth and nurms which in turn bent me over if you know what i mean!
    i think i saved each part so i could possibly regress to a lower p'count but i've been out for too long i think i may have to redo the whole course now anyway lol!
    your help has been great thanks' again!